The following is sample schedule is for Weekend days:
9:00am – 12:00pm
- Parent/adult moderated breakout groups on various topics relating to raising a trans/non-binary/gender nonconforming child
- All campers and siblings participate in various activities run by volunteer counselors, such as field games, arts & crafts, low elements challenge course, music, and more
1:30pm – 5:30pm
All activities (see “activities” above) are open to families to attend together; pop in and out of each activity as you please
All-camp evening activity (campfire, talent show, games)
8:30pm – 9:30pm
Optional supervised “hang out time” for all kids; gives parents/adults a chance to socialize
Families are back together for bedtime/socializing, etc.
Dates & RatesDATES FOR 2023:
- (WAITLIST) Friday, August 25 - Monday, August 28, 2023
- (WAITLIST) Friday, September 1 - Monday, September 4, 2023 (Labor Day)
Families with trans, non-binary, gender non-conforming kids of all ages, new & returning, are welcome! To register, click on the "apply" or "register" buttons at the bottom of the page, and please email email@example.com
to be added to either/both waitlists.
2023 Rates: $325 per adult & $300 per child 2-17, which includes accommodations, programming (activities and groups), and 8 meals. Those under 2 are free.
Thanks to donations, we are able to offer financial assistance and scholarships. More information is available on our camp application.
"Charlie is so much more confident and self-assured after camp this year, we are so grateful for all you do, and for your making this incredibly special space for these kids."
R.R., Camp Parent
Activities & Accommodations
At our New Hampshire summer family camp, activities consist of:
- Canoeing, kayaking, swimming, paddle boarding; plus arts & crafts, drama, archery, rock climbing, "gaga" (a popular type of dodgeball), and a host of sports such as soccer, kickball, basketball, and more. Family camp also includes a campfire, a talent show, and other special activities.
At our Family Camps, everyone eats meals together in the dining hall and families stay with each other in shared cabins with a curtain divider and separate entrances for each family. We have a limited number of private rooms and individual cabins available for an additional cost. In most cases bathrooms are shared with other families in a nearby central location. We built new central bathroom and shower facilities in 2018.
Click here to see our facilities.
"There are so many ways your camp has positively influenced us as a family...To everyone there, THANK YOU!!! My heart is so full of love and gratitude!!!!!
Angie C., Camp Parent
What is family camp like?
Harbor's Family Camp is a fun-filled long weekend for transgender & non-binary youth of all ages and their families. Extended family members are welcome! Our camp is located in scenic New Hampshire on 116 acres, with a mile of frontage on a beautiful 200-acre lake. Click the green tab "Dates & Rates" above for more information.
NOTE: WE ARE CURRENTLY OPERATING A WAITLIST FOR SUMMER 2023. SEE "DATES & RATES" TAB FOR MORE INFORMATION.
The family camp program consists of:
- Activities for the entire family
- Facilitated parent/adult groups to talk about shared experiences while youth enjoy activities with our wonderful volunteers
- Panel with parents, trans volunteers, and campers
- Evening activity all together followed by hang out time separate for youth & parents
- Meals together in the dining hall
There is something for each family member to get out of the weekend while spending it with those closest to you. Extended family members are encouraged to attend. Click on 'apply today’ below.
"Thanks for such a wonderful experience for C. this summer. It’s lifesaving work you do. You are our hero!"
J.R., Camp Parent