*UPDATED NOVEMBER 17, 2020*
Our camps did not run in person during summer 2020 due to the pandemic. We continue to learn from health professionals and other camp directors, and we are spending every moment getting ready for an amazing summer in 2021!
We expect that this winter will continue to be very difficult regarding transmission of COVID-19. Please stay safe and wear those masks. Things should look a lot different by early summer.
NOTE: We are keeping up to date with the public vaccine news and rollout plan, which may or may not change some of the things listed below.
WHAT MIGHT BE DIFFERENT AT OUR CAMPS IN 2021 DUE TO COVID?*
- Being together for dining and many activities with other campers in smaller “pods” (2 bunks of up to 8 campers each)
- Social distancing/masking around other pods
- More handwashing and hand sanitizing
- Getting tested for COVID-19 before and during camp (not the deep nasal testing)
- Dining outside under tents
- Other procedures may change and will take a little getting used to
*We stay “might” because we aren’t 100% sure yet, but it is good to expect these changes as of this update.
WHAT WILL BE THE SAME IN 2021?
- Friendship, community, and confidence-building
- Activities on land and in the lake: arts & crafts, field/court sports, archery, rock climbing, swimming, paddle boarding, canoeing/kayaking, tubing, drama, music, low elements
- Evening activities, including campfires
- Delicious food
- Awesome counselors as role-models
- Device-free, face-to-face interactions, bonds, and games
- Being in a place where others understand you, like nowhere else!
MAIN AREAS OF COVID READINESS & PREPARATION**:
- Pre-screening (testing, which should be easier & more advanced)
- Outdoors/well-ventilated spaces
- Hand hygiene
- Physical distancing
- Camp healthcare team (increase in size)
- Communicable Disease Plan: updating for COVID with help of experts, including isolation, quarantine, and communication plans
**subject to change as more information becomes available
WE ARE LEARNING THROUGH:
- Personally hearing from 15+ overnight camps that ran in 2020 COVID-free
- Several camp director groups and classes on this topic
- American Camp Association Field Guide in coordination with the CDC
- Personal consultation with health experts who also have camp knowledge
For more information on travel policies, state regulations, and details pertaining to our camp COVID readiness plans, email Director Nick Teich at email@example.com.
NEW CAMPERS: APPLY TODAY
RETURNING CAMPERS: REGISTER TODAY