What is Camp Like?
Camp Seneb of Harbor Camps is for kids with skeletal dysplasia and their siblings. Camp is one week long, and serves youth ages 8 through 16. Our camp is in New Hampshire on our own beautiful 116-acre lakefront property, about 1 hour and 45 minutes from Boston.
Our camp operates as follows:
- We have three meals together as an entire camp, four structured activity periods, two free periods, and an all-camp evening activity
- Campers sign up for daytime activities prior to camp and stay within age-appropriate groups
- Campers sleep in cabins with others of the same age group
- Campers are under the direct care of camp counselors at all times; a nurse is on grounds 24 hours a day. Some counselors are members of the LP community and some are average height.
- Campers interact the old fashioned way - no video games, Internet, or cell phones. Music players are allowed.
- We operate as a typical overnight camp; we do not focus on our differences, we just let our kids be kids!
For the privacy of our campers' families, the exact location of our camp may be obtained by contacting us. Click here to see Our Facilities
Meet our camp advisor: Ruth Ricker
Ruth has been active in Little People of America for years and is founding director of Camp Come As You Are (CAYA), an LPA family weekend camp. Ruth is an integral part of Camp Seneb during our summer week.
Activities & Accommodations
- Swimming, canoeing, & paddle boarding in a crystal clear lake, plus arts & crafts, drama/acting, music, archery, "gaga" (a popular type of dodgeball), and a host of sports such as soccer, kickball, basketball, and more. Camp also includes campfires, a talent show, and other special activities.
Our camp is located in New Hampshire, about 1 hr 45 minutes from Boston, and 4 hours from NYC. Due to the sensitive nature of some of our camp populations, we do not disclose the exact location except to enrolled families.
Campers stay in cabins with up to 7 other campers and 2 counselors, depending on the size of the cabin. Cabins are rustic inside with bunk beds and space to "hang out" in the middle. Restrooms and showers are nearby, and are completely rebuilt for summer 2018.
Several of our cabins are wheelchair accessible, as are our bathrooms/showers, dining hall, waterfront, health center, and most activity areas. We have the ability to transport campers by golf cart or car if they need access between areas at camp. Our camp is outfitted with outlets in each cabin for CPAP/other devices & step stools to keep things within easy reach for everyone.
Click here to see Our Facilities
Dates & Rates
Summer 2019 Sunday, August 11 - Saturday, August 17
$725 per camper
Thanks to our generous donors including Smiles are Free by Korri Foundation and Michael Petruzzelli, financial aid & scholarships are available for those who qualify (see application). If you'd like to give one or more scholarships to campers in need, please click “donate” or contact us below.
Get Camp Seneb t-shirts, sweatshirts, and more camp gear here!
For the privacy of our campers, exact locations of our camps are given to enrolled families only.
Donate To Camp Seneb
In order to provide additional financial aid and keep camp thriving, we depend on the generosity of donors. We are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit charity, and all donations are tax-deductible.
Donate to Camp Seneb
Get ready for one amazing summer!